Saturday, January 20, 2024

cutting green scraps

 I started with 4 pounds 7 ounces of 2 1/2 inch strips in the drawer. That is at least 12 yards worth of fabric. My goal was to cut it in half by cutting and organizing. I cut greens for 2 rows for Jos checkers, the 2024 stashbuster, and a windmill quilt. I pulled out any pieces that were less than 12 inches.


I cut for a traffic jam quilt. Although, I could just dig in my 2 1/2 inch squares bin for the squares.


I have 2 pounds and 4 ounces left in the drawer. goal success. I tried sorting what was left into different green families. I found 9 wof strips for a jelly roll.


The small pieces I cut into hsts for monkey wrench and anything else that might present itself. But, wait, didn't I try to empty all the green hsts for sugar grove? duh

9 comments:

  1. Scrap management is almost a full time activity. You've been doing a good job at making a bit of a dent in what is in your bins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - you are really well organized now. I'm afraid to weigh my green scrap bin - or my blue scrap bin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutting and organizing feels so good, doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll be churning out lots of great green gobs of cute blocks now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Monkey Wrench block! It’s a favorite of mine! You have so many pretty greens! And lots of quilts in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monkey Wrench is such a cute little block. Great progress on sorting through all those greens

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought to weigh my scraps. Feels good using some up! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HSTs are a never ending story. As long as you have scraps, you have HST. I'm not doing the Stashbuster's quilt this year as it is very similar to the Irish Chain Star that I've just finished. Love your monkey wrench. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've certainly organized your greens for this month! Love that little block. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/24/wednesday-wait-loss-364

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure have enjoyed taking part in the color challenge again.

    ReplyDelete