Saturday, January 13, 2024

green sugar grove

 One of my rainbow scrap challenge projects this year is sugar grove pattern by Bonnie Hunter

I have 3 drawers of either sewn hsts or the cut pieces to make them. My goal for sugar grove is to pull from the drawers for the number and colors I need to make the blocks.

I calculated that I need 7 sets of 5 matching in each color this year, for the center of each of the72  blocks.

5

I also need 14 sets of 4 matching for each color

4

And, I  need 14 sets of 3 matching for each color

3

I need 14 sets of 2 matching for each color

2
And 14 singles for a total of 180 hsts per color.

1
Surprisingly, I did not need to cut any additional hsts for the month of green. I had enough already made or cut. They just needed to be sewn to have enough this month. I made ziplock baggies for the sets of 5, and, I will add other colors to make the block kits, and, then, I can take them with me to sew.



8 comments:

  1. You definitely made good progress this month. It's nice to have the component parts ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gathering up what you needed took quite a bit of time & organization. Now -- ready, set, SEW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job keeping track of all those sets of matching HSTs! Lots of pretty greens there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm blown away by the fact that you already had all the green HST units stashed away in your drawer. That's quite the RSC project you have set for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This will be a wonderful quilt. And it will clear out tons of hsts! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, LOVE your selection of GREEN fabric scraps, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how lucky that you had your green HSTs almost done! Great project for RSC. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/17/wednesday-wait-loss-363

    ReplyDelete