Friday, January 19, 2024

too many circles finish

I have an older ufo finish from the to be quilted closet.  Too many circles was part of my 5 quilt project for January. This year, I am focusing on my ufos that have been waiting for quilting.

closer to the real colors

The weather has not cooperated with outdoor pictures. I made this quilt when we had a local quilt shop as a local block of the month in 2012. If I remember right, I used a template set to cut the drunkard's path blocks. I think it was elisas. It sure made it easier. Since, this was also one of my bucket list quilts, I was happy to jump right in on the block of the month.

64 x 78 = 15 yards





I had a wonderful green for the backing and some leftover fabric for the binding.


I am linking to:

11 comments:

  1. It always feels so good to have a long time quilt completely finished. What are the plans for this quilt? Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting that done -- and for taking it on in the first place. I'd have been intimidated by all those curves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and great to finish it! I think I have this same BOM design somewhere. I remember the name "Elisa" related to Drunkard's Path blocks. Mine was in blue and white and I remember thinking last year that I don't know where it is! You've nudged me to go look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a brave woman to make all those curved pieces! It's such a struggle for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done! Congrats on the finish. You are off to a good start for 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous block of the month to master curved piecing. Congratulations on finding the perfect green for the backing and shifting another quilt from UFO to Done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like that one - your fabrics are so cool!
    It has not been conducive for outside anything has it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is really pretty, Maggie! Maybe it's not possible to have too many circles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great finish! The fact that it was also a bucket list quilt makes the finish all the sweeter. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/24/wednesday-wait-loss-364

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful finish! It's fun to see all the variations that can be made with the drunkard's path blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Congratulations on your finish. :o) Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete