Saturday, January 27, 2024

applique and hen and chicks

 I appliqued the green tree this month for the rainbow scrap challenge applique project - across the wide missourri. I do not have  much applique experience. So, it's a good thing that the quilt is supposed to look primitive. haha Once I started, It didn't take as long as I expected. I was planning on adding more pieces to the block, but, was side tracked. I re- started my hexie project and that has been my priority for handwork. I am very happy with adding at least something to this older ufo.




I enjoyed making hen and chicks for the new scrappy  QAL. This is going to be fun. Angela is bordering her small blocks hmm undecided.

10 comments:

  1. I think your appliques tree looks great. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the progress on the older UFO. Love your bright greens in your RSC blocks. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your applique block looks great - I don't have much experience with applique either, but love the look of it! I'm so tempted by the Hens and Chicks sampler, but haven't gotten started on it yet. They look like fun blocks, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a great selection of pretty green blocks. Will you be adding anything extra to your applique tree?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you have been as busy as over. Love the "primitive" tree acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your applique looks great. What a fun pattern that looks like. I checked out the hexagon project as well - That one will be a great finish. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the variety of your pretty green blocks. I think your hand applique looks good. I've never done hand applique and it's not even on my bucket list. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving both of your "older" projects. I'm fascinated with hexie quilts and how one even begins to start one. Pinterest has been suggested to me but I guess I need more than "ideas". I need an actual plan! Hahaha! I think you did a great job on the applique tree. Looks like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some fun GREEN blocks, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely collection of greens! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/31/wednesday-wait-loss-365

    ReplyDelete