Saturday, January 6, 2024

rsc start

I look forward to the start of a new year for the rainbow scrap challenge. January's color is green.

I have pulled out my applique project - across the wide missourri- and selected block 6 for this month. It has a green tree that I think I will attempt to make, after, I figure out where to start.


I made two green blocks for the baby 30s quilt. I had a strip of green already cut, that, I could sew to get ready for the sashings. The sashings are a mix of 30s fabric in 4 patches. I was surprised to see all the pieces are already cut.

much easier than applique

I am linking to:


6 comments:

  1. Having pieces already cut does make the blocks come together so quickly. Always nice when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your applique block looks like it will be a fun one! Once you get all the pieces prepped, you can just stitch away on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the looks of your appliqué project . And the 30s baby quilt will be super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've gotten a good start on your RSC projects for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to find things already prepped for sewing! I love when that happens. That is a pretty block for applique. I look forward to seeing how it comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the 30s project. What a sweet quilt this will make! Can't wait to see the start of the Wide Missouri project. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/10/wednesday-wait-loss-362

    ReplyDelete