Monday, January 29, 2024

rick rack nines top

My one monthly goal for January was to make a quilt top from 290 nine patches. I did accomplish this goal. Somehow, I don't have the finished photo. This is the last one, before, I sewed the center seam. 


I added the borders from my stash and made a back and binding for this rick rack nines quilt. I haven't decided if I am adding it to the 'to be quilted closet' or adding it after a customer quilt. 



It is time to check my PHD goals for January as well. I finished 3 UFOs. I have a page at the top of the blog for 2024 finishes.  I have one new start which is a valentine layer cake quilt here.

11 comments:

  1. What an interesting layout for your 9 patch blocks -- it really DOES look like ric rac! Congratulations on your finished quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really great layout for those blocks. I wouldn't have thought of this at all, but sure like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the flimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always a wonderful feeling to meet a goal that we set. Way to go! Thank you for sharing in this week's Sew & Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Three UFOs finished already? That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't have small projects, do you? I love how it is coming together. Great border additions as well. Hooray for progress! I have begun to do some UFOs myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun scrappy quilt. Congrats on meeting your January goal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see that top done! I know you didn't enjoy sewing that last long seam, but you persisted and now you have a top ready to quilt! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/31/wednesday-wait-loss-365

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your PHD progress in January! Three finishes is amazing. :o) Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, Maggie! Great to see it done!! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete