Sunday, January 21, 2024

stash report January 21, 2024

I have a bunch of the leftover trimmings from finished quilts. What do you do with yours? do you save them or process them right away. I really dislike separating the batting from the backing where it was stitched together.


stash report January 21, 2024

fabric added this week:  0 yards  

 Still no purchases. yippee  

fabric added year to date for 2024: 0 yards 

fabric used:  -  15 yds - finished too many circles 



fabric used year to date for 2024: 63 yards 

63  yards used more than bought in 2024

I sewed 5 days last week. 

I decided to work a little harder on my attendance at my rug hooking guild meetings. I miss everyone. My goal is 2 times a month. I have also decided that I will only work on my Christmas rug there, and, not at home. I have attended twice since December.

Slow and steady... Since I am doing this at guild, now, I take the rug off the frame when I leave and fold it. Next time, I can start anywhere, so I will probably jump around a bit.


9 comments:

  1. My quilt trimmings usually have the batting removed right away and then they go into my scrap bins by colour. Love those reindeer flying through the night! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my quilt cut offs, I usually take the batting off when they are trimmed, but I don't usually deal with cutting up the strips till later. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I save as much of the backing fabric as I can, but cut away where it is stitched to the batting and throw that away. I will make fat quarters if the fabric is large enough. The rest I will cut down into the strip sizes that I use. I like to do that as soon as the quilt is trimmed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too many circles is such a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes, leftover trimmings are very useful: I happened to use a few to finish the binding ;) Yippee for no fabric purchase at all!
    Well done with finishing Too Many Circles, well, that's a lot of curves ;)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Thanks for linking to the SAHRR '24 Centre block, but I don't see a centre. block in your post ???
    Quilting Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. The batting is trimmed into straight pieces and zigzag together. The fabric the same, ready to use for future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too Many Circles is a lovely finish. Love your rug you are working on. How lovely to meet with other rug hooking ladies and chat while you all work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I add my backing trimmings to my scraps as is. I don't process scraps into specific sizes because that's not how I use them. I separate the batting when I clean up after trimming the quilt. I save the batting scraps for pillow stuffing.

    ReplyDelete