Wednesday, January 3, 2024

5 quilt report Jan 3, 2024

Last 5 quilt report Dec 11, 2023

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. I think I started  in Ocotber 2021.

.

This year, I am determined to empty my 'to be quilted closet'. In 2023, my numbers stayed the same as I tried to finish ufos all the way through quilted and bound. I finished quilts, but, didn't get around to reaching into the closet very often. There are some lovely tops in the closet that I want to see finished. My plan is to consider a top first in the quilting cue rather than a finished ufo. Now, to be fair, I have not let anytime on the longarm go lax this year. So, maybe, I can't get anymore quilted than I did in 2023.

I am also thinking I will plan each month separately, or, start over in the new month. I will have to see how January finishes. The new change means that if I have finished quilting number 1 and 2, I will start the new month with another 2 from the to be quilted closet as first priority.

One thing, I haven't decided is the second quilts. Sometimes, when I finish a ufo, there is enough fabric/ pieces for a second quilt. Do I put the new quilt idea into the list, or ugh, add it to the Ufo closet? or, just forget about it and throw the fabric into the scrap bins also ugh.

My one monthly goal for January -rick rack nines assembled into a top ready for quilting. This is a bonnie Hunter quilt project that has languished since 2018. I have 290- 9 patches and several yards of background in the box. At first, I did not want to finish it. But, with the new year is new motivation. I have cut some background squares and sewed some sets of 2 for the 9 patches. I do love a scrappy quilt.

out of the box

a small start

to be quilted

1. too many circles

2. chunky churndash Lost- this is the 3rd one lost in 2023

 new # 2.   carolina chain

Ufo to finish 

3. rick rack nines assemble

4. portage lake block of the month - open the box



5. mini churndashes from 2023 - assemble


next on the longarm

1. rick rack nines

2. show off

3. faux tablerunner

4. scrappy log cabin

5. lucky stars

February

1. falling charms

2. peek a boo bunnies

6 comments:

  1. You have some lovely quilts to be finished. I'd rather piece than quilt but they're not really finished until the last stitch is in the binding. Have a blessed 2024 with lots of happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you have some good planning going on in your studio, Maggie! You finish so many large scrap quilts. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great plan, and great way to start off the new year! Good luck for 2024. I hope you had a lovely New Year! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/03/wednesday-wait-loss-361

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some beautiful projects picked for the year. Good luck with your goal. I'll be looking forward to seeing it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming up with a plan is always a great place to start. Good luck with implementation, that's always the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects! Welcome to PHD in 2024. 😊

    ReplyDelete