Wednesday, January 10, 2024

rick rack nines progress

My ufo project - rick rack nines - is growing. This is a bonnie Hunter quilt project that has languished since 2018. The pattern is in her book adventures with leaders and enders. I have 290- 9 patches and several yards of background in the box. At first, I did not want to finish it. But, with the new year is new motivation. I have cut some background squares and sewed some sets of 2 for the 9 patches. I do love a scrappy quilt. It also is part of my 5 quilt project, and, it is my one monthly goal for January. 


When I did not want to finish this, my daughter gave some sage advice. Just make it simple. She suggested an alternate square with the 9 patches. The idea gave me motivation. Still, I liked the zig zag of the pattern. It couldn't be that much more difficult right?  um, yes it can.

I am linking:

4 comments:

  1. You're well on the way to getting this done, Maggie. I've made RR9s twice -- maybe time for a third version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you've gotten a good start on it. I love Bonnie's patterns, but they are a big commitment. Looking good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so close to a finish here, thanks to your daughter. You can do this! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/10/wednesday-wait-loss-362

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized that I must mount and finish this same quilt, a UFO in my closet!!!

    ReplyDelete