Friday, February 2, 2024

carolina chain finish

I have a Friday finish of an older UFO from 2017.  I finished the top in 2021. It became part of my 5 quilt projects in January. At that time, it needed a back, binding, and quilted. I had it done in January, but have a hard time getting photos this winter.   I cut Carolina chain in 2017. It is from the the book addicted to scraps by Bonnie Hunter. It was also in the quilltmaker  magazine, June/ July 2010.

This is the kind of scrappy quilt that makes me so very happy. It looks more difficult than it actually is, and, showcases so many different scraps and color changes. There are happy memories that make me smile. 

84 x 84 =  24 yards



I am linking to:


12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish, it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on another finish! You've got some very fun, and complicated scrappy quilts finished in the last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Wow Wow!! What an awesome finish Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snowy gloomy January made me want to do something fun so I pulled out some Christmas fabrics and started a quilt. I wanted to get the top finished before the end of the month but things got in the way. I’m celebrating though because the top just needs borders now and I found a cute snowman fabric for backing. I’ll be ready to take it to my favorite quilt finished in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is stunning and a wonderful way to use up fabric scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! And, funny thing, I opened a drawer this morning and found a stack of Carolina Chain blocks (the pattern was with them).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a most successful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt, you can be proud of this one, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on a beautiful scrap quilt finish, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it does look very complicated ! its so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely finish! I love when a quilt gives me memories too. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/2024/02/07/wednesday-wait-loss-366

    ReplyDelete