Wednesday, February 14, 2024

falling charms goal

I have had this quilt top ready for quilting since 2021. I drew a random number and this is my second quilting goal for February. I bought this as a kit from Missourri Star, and it used African fabrics from the ubushobozi project. I love the rich colors. I need a back and binding. And it is time to quilt it. The pattern is falling charms.


more about starting this quilt

Ubushobozi Project is a non-profit, vocational skills training organization founded by Jeanne Siporin, Alan Siporin and Laura Boyea in September 2008 in Musanze, Rwanda, Africa. Through education and skills training (sewing, weaving, crocheting and more) Ubushobozi seeks to end the cycle of poverty our girls have experienced throughout their young lives. 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabrics, the black was the right choice for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabrics that really pop against that black! I'm glad that you picked this one to finish. It's very lovely. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/02/14/wednesday-wait-loss-367

    ReplyDelete