Saturday, February 3, 2024

green review

When I decided I was going to cut my green 2 1/2 inch bin, I wasn't planning on starting all the "new" blocks. I was just reducing the amount of scraps. I thought I would just make kits. But, as the month progressed, I started sewing what I had cut. And, it was fun

I sewed 4 patches and used the green 4 1/2 inch squares for traffic jam


I made windmill blocks


I added to my 5 1/2 inch monkey wrench blocks



I made one sugar grove block and the second round of a clarissa block as a leader ender



I added 2 green strip weave blocks and one yellow that I had cut last year. I just need a couple of blocks to finish the set that I need. I made most of them last year for the rainbow scrap challenge.



Now, maybe, I can work on red for February for the rainbow scrap challenge.

I am linking to:

10 comments:

  1. You did great with green! I really like the Traffic Jam blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been busy and making those pretty scrappy green blocks look like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels so good to use up what you've cut from the scrap bin. I'm doing that with Betty and it's nice to have all those strips precut because it goes so much faster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the greens are under control! Ready for red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the green scraps. I like the Traffic Jam block. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely roundup of your green blocks. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/2024/02/07/wednesday-wait-loss-366

    ReplyDelete