Friday, February 23, 2024

rick rack nines finish

Rick rack nines is finished and off of the ufo list. It is one of my 5 quilt projects this year.  And my one monthly goal for February. All the blocks were finished in 2018 and have been neglected until January. When I opened the box, I thought the 9 patches were ugly and was tempted to pitch them. But, like many scrappy quilts, they are better together as they play off of each other. The pattern is a Bonnie hunter design from her book adventures with leader and enders.

84 x 88 = 25 yards


I used a flannel backing and a scrappy binding. 

11 comments:

  1. Somehow scraps just seem to play well together. You quilt is lovely and looks great! Congratulations on a finish and happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome finish!! I could look at all those blocks for days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scrappy quilts and this one is no exception. It's an awesome finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your quilt sent me to Bonnie Hunter's site. That's a squirrel hole almost as bad as Pinterest. I spent hours.

      Delete
  4. Wow, what an awesome safe from being pitched!!! This is a beautiful finish and great job on meeting your February goal of finishing it, Maggie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you didn't pitch those blocks away because they make such a wonderful, colourful quilt together. Congrats on a beautiful finish. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, LOVE this super scrappy UFO finish, Maggie! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish! You pushed through and got it done. Congratulations on another finish. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/02/28/wednesday-wait-loss-369

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s fabulous! I really need to complete mine! I loved it on her book and I love yours even more!

    ReplyDelete