Friday, March 1, 2024

falling charms finish

 My Friday finish is an older Ufo from the 'to be quilted closet' called falling charms. I bought this as a kit from Missourri Star, and it used African fabrics from the ubushobozi project. I was intrigued by the rich fabric and the humanitarian organization. It was my first use of the falling charms pattern and enjoyed it. It would be a fun way to sew a donation quilt. This size used 80 charms. I finished this yesterday, technically in February as part of my 5 quilt project. It is time to start March goals and look forward to Spring.

72x72 = 14 yards



I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love it - that dark background is perfect for all those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern, and what a great way to display all those fabulous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finish! Thanks for showing us this fun quilt at TGIFF! This design is a wonderful way to showcase all your fabulous fabrics. And yeah! Another UFO down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun finish. It has to feel good to get one of the older UFOs off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on making room in your "to be quilted closet". I can see why you were tempted by that kit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the finish and 'clearing out' the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun quilt! Love the African fabrics. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/06/wednesday-wait-loss-370

    ReplyDelete