Wednesday, March 6, 2024

cutting sweet pea

I had leftovers fabric from making this sweet pea quilt. I knew there was enough fabric for another quilt.

original quilt

I decided to do a jelly roll quilt I had seen online, somewhere. I thought I would sit and cut. But, first, I had to try it and decide the sizes. I am glad I did. I discovered that I would prefer to sew the strips together before I cut to size. I decided to add the picture and the fabric to the ufo closet instead of cutting it. Now, I have a better idea of what I want to do with it. Since this quilt will be leftover fabric and scraps from an older UFO, I will not consider it a new start for the year.


We are seeing signs of Spring here in Indiana. The rhubarb is peeking out, as well as other Spring bulbs. I am guessing that is why I am wanting to do off the book quilting. I have some 'comfort' sewing I have been doing. The new rainbow scrap color for March will be purple, and I will dig into those scraps, now.

clarissa, 9 patch point, snails trail

I am linking:

wednesday wait loss

4 comments:

  1. I can't envision how the jelly roll/left over blocks go together. That'll keep me coming back to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for having a plan for those leftovers. Things are geening up her and the red buds are blooming. it's definitely spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that jelly roll quilt design online, too. It will be pretty in that leftover fabric you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job figuring out a use for the leftovers from a previous quilt. Now to wait to see what it will look like.

    ReplyDelete