Friday, March 29, 2024

split 9 top finish

At this point, I decided that since I have many more blocks left over, I would add them all a round the outside. Which took the better part of an open sew. It is better and quicker to do that while making the rows in the first place.

I was left with a few sections to sew at the end of the day. I was worried I would not make my one monthly goal to have the top finished by the end of March.

I did finish it in the nick of time. This quilt has been a challenge. But I love it. When I started the 2013 quiltville leader/ ender challenge, I was just using scraps to make blocks with no idea what it would become. I suppose that is why it took so long to finish it. By the way, if you see a mistake, tell me, but very gently haha

83 x 96

I am not adding a border to this and will piece a back, prepare binding, and add it to the to be quilted closet.

I am linking to:

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a pretty quilt, and for meeting your OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Such fun to look at all the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good to me. Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, too! Congratulations on completing the flimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on finally finishing it off. I love the effect of the blocks. You should be so pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun scrappy quilt. Congrats on getting it all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this is WONDERFUL! Best use of scraps ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your finished top! Congratulations on meeting your one monthly goal!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's just gorgeous, Maggie! I love what you can do with split 9 patch blocks. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous layout. Congratulations on meeting your commitment, by finishing the piecing before the end of March.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! What a glorious quilt! So many pretty scraps were put to good use here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's quit the top! I love Bonnie's scrappy designs too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's quite the top! I love Bonnie's scrappy designs too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful top I..
    I am inspired to do one like it, Ihavesooo many scraps a quilt like that makes you remember all the projects the scraps campaigns and things they that were originally used for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't see any mistakes, great job, a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kudos for making your goal! The quilt is lovely. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/04/03/wednesday-wait-loss-374

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love split nine-patches! Gotta make one. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely magnificent!!!

    ReplyDelete