Friday, March 8, 2024

churn dash plans

Once all my churn dash quilt blocks were in sets of two, I decided on a 4 patch grid for my quilt. I had a chance to lay it out and move it around. I want all of the blocks like the top row. 

I plan on sashing it with a navy blue and adding a navy floral border. I found a set in my stash that I like. I had more 6 inch churn dashes and sewed them in sets of four to sprinkle in with the others. I wasn't sure what I was going to do until this point. Now, I have a plan. I am happy to be in the home stretch. This is part of my 5 quilts ufos project.


I am linking to:

10 comments:

  1. That's a lotta lovely churn dashes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of Churn Dash blocks. Looking good! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fun layout. The navy sashing and border will really set off all those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just so awesome!! LOVE all the pretty churns!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great quilt to use up some scraps and your blocks look great. I love navy and think using it for sashing and borders will tie it all together nicely. I found you at Sarah's Whoop Whoop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun quilt! I love the churn dash block -- and its corollary, the butter churn block -- but I've never thought of putting different sizes together. I've got lots of scraps so must take note for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love all the Churn Dashes! this will be fun all sashed and set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting progress with your 'churn dash' blocks. They look amazing all together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's a lot of fun churn dashes!! Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great to have a plan! Love these churn dashes. With navy, they'll look gorgeous. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/13/wednesday-wait-loss-371

    ReplyDelete