Saturday, March 16, 2024

purple blocks

 Today I am at a sleep in your own bed quilt retreat. Yesterday, I came back from lunch to find Florence the featherweight with a new accessory. She felt much appreciated with the new look, and, I have a new scrap LOL


This week I worked on sugar grove and the purple hsts I need for the rainbow scrap challenge. I made 180 for sets of 5, 4, 3,2,1. I didn't have any purple in the extra hsts drawer. I needed to cut and sew all of them this month.

sets of 5



I made the windmill blocks in purple



I made the new hen and chicks blocks and a lonely monkey wrench


7 comments:

  1. All of your purple blocks are nice but my favorite is the churndash block in purple and yellow. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got lots done at your retreat. HSTs take a lot of stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sleep in your own bed quilt retreat sounds like such fun. Looks like you got lots of beautiful purples done while you were there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Florence looks very festive! You've got a lot of pretty purples. That's a lot of HSTs to make, but you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of purple fun! Enjoy your sleep at home retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty PURPLE retreat sewing, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun retreat! Lovely purple blocks this month. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/20/wednesday-wait-loss-372

    ReplyDelete