Wednesday, March 13, 2024

half of a split 9

I fixed my mistakes with my split nine patch quilt, and the top half of blocks are all right, and mostly sewn together before I ran out of time. I didn't mind having to quit, since I know these pieces were set and going to be ok when I return to it.



Preparations are underway for our 2024 garden. One of the first plants we need to start indoors are sweet potatoes. We used our own sweet potatoes from last year to grow slips for this year's garden. This is the first year we have tried the whole potato in soil and it has done well. Maybe, too well. It looks like we will be ready too soon to plant outdoors. But, planning in the Spring is the best part.


I am linking:

wednesday wait loss

8 comments:

  1. Your split 9 patch looks great, it's so easy to turn those blocks the wrong way. Maybe you could plant the rooted sweet potatoes in pots then transplant into the garden in May. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is looking great. Good luck with the sweet potatoes...they are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you could get the blocks turned the right way without a lot of fuss. I remember growing sweet potato vines in jars of water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoyr split 9s are making a beautiful design! Glad you have them the way you want them. Looks like you'll have a great crop of sweet potatoes this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your green thumb. I love the thought of a garden, but the upkeep once it is outside is not my thing. Your split 9 patch is a great design and making good progress. Oh, the time spent frogging. We all do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The split 9 patch is looking good. It's always a pain to pull out the seam ripper, but feels so good once everything is set to rights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you, figuring out the Split Nine Patch arrangement. Now that they are sewn together the job is almost finished. It's looking lovely. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/13/wednesday-wait-loss-371

    ReplyDelete