Monday, March 4, 2024

split 9 goal

I have decided to make my split 9 patch quilt my one monthly goal for March.  I hope to have a top completed for my one monthly goal. This is an older ufo that I added to my 5 quilts project for February. All the blocks were finished and trimmed as leader and enders in 2013. I have 256 of them. I started this as part of the quiltville leader/ ender challenge. I figured out how I wanted to proceed with assembly here.


Looking at this picture, as I am blogging, I see it isn't right somewhere in the middle. I guess it is a good thing I didn't get it all sewn together. I will have to lay it out and do some head scratching,.... again.

A problem -the chart I am using is a 12 x 12 block and I made blocks for a 16 x 16. I will deal with that later. Maybe I will have 112 leftover blocks for the start of a second quilt.

I really like the challenge of getting the pattern right, and I am sure I will love the quilt. The split 9 patch block is a great stash buster. It seems I am always having leftover hsts- add a few 2 1/2 inch squares and a block is born.

I am linking:



6 comments:

  1. it does look like a great stash buster. Hope you get the pattern figured out. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many interesting ways to set those blocks....with leftovers you can try something completely different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a versatile block. I'm sure you will nut it out and have a great top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that 9 patch pattern

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! This pattern sure is giving you headaches. I'm sure you'll figure it out soon. I know I'm going to love the finished quilt because the pattern is wonderful! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/06/wednesday-wait-loss-370

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started the split nine patch quilt this past week. I have a huge bin of 2 ½" squares that needed to be used. I made too many hst's so decided to make my quilt 16 x 16 also :). I was thinking about the layout today, and thought it might be easier to lay it out in quarters, each one 8 blocks by 8 blocks.

    ReplyDelete