Saturday, February 1, 2020

stars and one monthly goal

My 2 1/2 inch square bin in green has been depleted. yay. I was left with  just a bit of olive green or lighter green. I decided I would cut more squares in the olive green category for last month's rainbow challenge scraptastic stars. I completely forgot this block for my rainbow scrap quilts.


I used that as an excuse to dig out another green scrap bucket and sort and cut. I think there is only one more green bucket left hiding somewhere.



And on to orange for February. I don't have any extra scrap buckets with orange. I only have my working basket with orange. Apparently, I don't buy much orange. I don't think it comes up at thrift stores very often.

My February one monthly goal x5

1. cut editya sitar flower box kit
2. quilt woven checkerboard
3. quilt sand castles
4 keep current with rainbow scrap challenge
5. frolic 9
note

My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday

18 comments:

  1. I need to start on the orange blocks for RSC I knew the color had come out last week early but hadn't started on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that, i don't use orange much either--and my acid green small scraps are just about gone..what a lovely green star block you've made...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am failing at goals right now, so this year I am passing on OMG, but fun to play along with everyone else. Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your green star block. This block goes on my list for next year's scrappy challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green star block turned out nicely. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the projects you’ve chosen for RSC this year! I’m doing Scraptastic Stars too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great way to use up all those pretty scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those stars are such a great block! Love yours in green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the monkey in the greens. Have fun digging for orange.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great green block with the star... Have fun finding your oranges...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely green block with star. You're getting a chain (Irish or otherwise) with these blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your star block. So many beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your block! Just goes to show ya how many greens there actually are …. none of your greens are seen in my block. That's a lot of greens! Not talkin salad here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like that block. It will look wonderful with others - you're keeping the white for those places in all blocks? Even though I live in orange and white UT country, I still don't have much orange.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love how we can create such beautiful things out of scraps! Your green star block is so pretty just as though you had hand picked and purchased the fabrics for it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful scrappy block! Would love to do a quilt of these--pinning. (I just did an Irish Chain in scrappy greens.) New follower and visiting from OMGoal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete