Saturday, February 8, 2020

a bit of orange

I am using a new ironing philosophy to see if I like the end results better. I have more twisted seams than I would like at the final stages of a quilt top. I am going to wait until I piece the top to really iron my blocks. I want to see if waiting until the end helps me nest the seams better when joining blocks. So the pictures of blocks will look a little wonky when I share. Who knows, maybe all I will learn is that I have only postponed the inevitable.

I was surprised how quickly I wanted to make country roads in orange. It wasn't even a planned project for the year, but they are so fun.


I made 8 blocks for the irish chain quilt.



I had so much fun with country roads, I did some more and in green.


My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday

12 comments:

  1. So many pretty orange fabrics! Your blocks look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the block designs. I used to wait to press now I press sections of the blocks as I go and then the block when it is finished and square up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have a lot of twisted seams when assembling the blocks together. I'm never sure on which side I should press the seams. I'm looking forward to the result of your experiment. Lovely blocks! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you're making your Irish Chain blocks! If you had a big collection of 4 patches already made, the chain blocks would go together quickly. That's something I should keep in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your current projects. Your oranges and grerns are looking great together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please share the end result from your ironing experiment. Loving your crossroads too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your orange projects look so good! I look forward to seeing them progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the country road blocks... it will make a wonderful quilt.
    Well done...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't believe Ive seen that Country Road block before. I really like it. I have found that waiting to iron blocks is usually beneficial when it comes to making RSC blocks and don't know what the final layout will be. This is especially true for blocks with lots of seams.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks look great in orange and greens

    ReplyDelete