Saturday, February 22, 2020

orange cross block

I didn't have very many orange squares, and the row x row quilt required 2 5/8 inch squares ( weird size for me). So I started cutting big chunks into 2 5/8 squares and 2 1/2 inch squares and whatever finished the scrap


The triangles called for strange sizes cut diagonally, but after doing one that way, I knew my accuquilt dies would work.


It needed a little trimming.


I only did one row this month, and will do the other orange row later, for the month of color that I don't need for the quilt.



so far I have done in orange
1. irish chain
2. country roads
3. wonky star
4. shine
5. houses
6. and the row by row

My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road i think I have finally found it again.

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday

10 comments:

  1. glad your accuquilt die worked - I prefer to have to trim a little then having the pieces barely fit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE these delicious ORANGE scrappy blocks for the RSC, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--neat blocks--you've really done so well hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Rainbow Row by Row - I clicked over to see the pattern. That's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing our orange scraps. I have several of those in my stash as well. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really pretty blocks and nice points! I like that Row by Row pattern and can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely block! Simple but amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, another neat block. You sure put your oranges to good use. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! You are fully immersed in orange this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blocks are loads of fun. They are going to make a lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete