Wednesday, February 12, 2020

courthouse steps quilt

Slowly, I have been making Bonnie Hunter's wonky log cabin quilt using my strings and crumbs bins. Her pattern calls for 120 blocks and I have one done already that size, but this one, I have started putting it together with 72 blocks. I want to see if 8 x 9 looks like a decent size. I am sewing into blocks of 4.




I have decided to throw the frolic mystery quilt border pieces in as leader and enders along with my other projects. That way, before I know it, I will have the borders pieced and ready to go. I had also seen a border I liked on line and decided that is what I wanted for mine. It will make a ribbon around the edge. cool.


I am linking:

7 comments:

  1. You've been moving along on several scrappy projects. Frolic takes a lot of stitching, even when you have the block parts all made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of scraps & courthouse steps blocks always look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of scrap sewing you did this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your projects and look forward to seeing them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good - you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete