Wednesday, October 4, 2017

One monthly goal

I have wanted to make this quilt since Bonnie Hunter shared it on her Quiltville blog. I spent time looking for my perfect version of cheddar, and even bought a whole bolt when I found it. I think the reason it has not happened yet, is the idea that it is a sampler and each block has to be done individually. I am a chain piecing lover, so when I have time for a new project, I reach for a project that requires 400 of something and power sew them.
But I haven't lost my desire to make this quilt. I think it is her version of farmers wife.


Bonnie called the quilt her jubilee quilt, and it was a sew along with her friend Randy from the barrister's block.


I have 2 whole blocks done and most of the string sashings. So this is basically a start from scratch project. I added it to the monthly goal list for the year, because I don't want to let this go.  I have had big success this year finishing ( thanks to one monthly goal at elm street quilts), so I am hopeful I will buckle down and get going with this. But it is the 4th, and so far all I have done is stare at it.


My one monthly goal is to work on the blocks (56) and see how many I can get done, and then add the finishing of the quilt to my goals for 2018.

I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP



8 comments:

  1. love your blocks!
    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer chain sewing whenever possible, too. Your quilt will look fantastic when it's finished, though! Getting those string sashings finished along with the two blocks is a really great start. I look forward to seeing more of this top. Happy sewing! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything starts with a single step and your way ahead of that ! It will be a beauty some day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all of Bonnie Hunter's quilts are busy and I think this is busiest I've ever seen. What fun! Congrats on making a good start on it and setting it as a goal. I love your two blocks so far with their wonderful plaids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very fun quilt. Wishing you lots of luck with your October OMG. Sometimes all it takes is saying you are going to work on it for 5 minutes every time you walk in your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fabric pulls. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better grab some power bars to get through the power sewing - that's a lot of blocks! Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh -- nice quilt. Maybe you should spend time prepping some blocks each week and then sewing them chain style. Surprisingly enough I can actually work on two different projects at a time. I'm not sure that would work as well if the fabrics were mostly the same colors. Keep on working and you should be able to make it through all those different blocks.

    ReplyDelete