Tuesday, October 17, 2017

rugs

This was my second workshop at the ATHA rug hooking biennial. It was called Poppy ala O'keefe and Vivily Powers taught the class. I enjoyed her story and her talent. I am not sure I have the patience for the detail work. This is her work.

Saturday, We left Cleveland for a hook in we heard about about an hour south in Wooster Ohio. It was a charming show.


There were antiques and samplers.


And felted creatures



And one of my favorite vendors was there - Two old crows. I have been wishing to find her again, ever since Sauder, and purchase her Thanksgiving Turkey rug pattern.


But I also loved her Halloween rug and ordered it. She was sold out by the time I saw it.

 I have no idea what compelled me to buy so many projects in rug hooking. Usually, I am much more conservative, and work on one project at a time.

I am linking to:
Free Motion by the River
to do tuesday
too cute tuesday

5 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    I'm glad you splurged on things you like. We've got a long winter season ahead of us - you'll have plenty of time for those rug hooking projects. You'll be all set for Halloween and Thanksgiving next year. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poppy rug is beautiful! LOVE that turkey rug! She has a store in Etsy and sells the pattern there... I'll be ordering one too (as soon as I finish up a few things I already have). Happy hooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely rug hooking patterns! I absolutely adore the Halloween one! Looks like a very lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are gorgeous rug patterns. I can see why you were seduced, it would be hard to pick one of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazing rugs and felted creatures. Looks like you had a fun day! Hope you enjoy working on your projects!

    ReplyDelete