Friday, October 20, 2017

blocks and circles

Someone asked about my scrappy circles rug. It began as an excuse to use leftover wool strips that were accumulating. I draw circles with 3 different sized jar lids and just fill in with what ever I can think to do without agonizing over the choices. The largest circle is 3 or 3 1/2 inches across.It is colorful and fun, and I just love it. It has become a bit too big to take with me anywhere and can almost pull a stand frame over, so I have been planning to use a small quilting frame and sew it in at the edges on the leader cloths. So far I haven't gotten it to work. It remains a UFO for now.

I have a couple of cheddar blocks done for the sampler.

and I have a few more  glitter blocks. I am using these as leader/ enders for each other.

I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop


crazy mom quilts


and Oh Scrap

2 comments:

  1. I like that plaid in your cheddar block, perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your Glitter blocks. They look almost vintage. I would love to get a hold of that book.

    ReplyDelete