Tuesday, October 3, 2017

rug hooking guild

I met with my rug hooking guild this week and caught up on all the news and fun.
I am preparing to attend the ATHA biennial in Cleveland next month. I will be taking a workshop from Tricia Travis and Vivily Powers. I am very excited. I have not attended the biennial before. I was first interested because  the guest speaker was Deanne Fitzpatrick from Nova Scotia. I really like her work, and wanted to hear what she has to say. But I didn't realize that the only way to see her was to make reservations for dinner. So I am on a waiting list.
Here, I hook with very talented ladies.

 I really like Cindy's halloween project. Her moon color is great.

I love the colors in Beth's poinsettias on dyed linen
Vivians hooking is so very even and consistent.


And Carmen's is a wonder in progress



Carol is back with us - her son has been very ill. and she is binding her sheep

Marcelene has a big happy rug she is making for her daughter.

 And oh the yummy wool colors...



I am linking to:
Free Motion by the River
to do tuesday
too cute tuesday

5 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    All the beautiful colors of those wool fabrics. So much time and talent you shared with us, but I don't see what you are working on?! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful rug hooking sure is happening in your group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are all so beautiful! I just love all of the colors. Thank you for linking up with To-Do Tuesday last week. I am sorry for my late visit to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! I have never tried rug hooking, do you cut strips of the wool?

    ReplyDelete