Monday, October 9, 2017

cheddar sampler

I've made a few blocks for the cheddar sampler as part of my goal this month. They are a bit fiddley, but I am enjoying them. I have found that most of the blocks have either 1 1/2 inch unfinished pieces or 2 1/2 inch unfinished pieces. So I just cut the cheddar into several strips in those sizes. I already had shirt strips in those sizes, so it has made the process really easy. I just grab a shirt strip and a cheddar strip and use the essential triangle tool to cut what I need.







The cheddar is a riley blake solid and I really like the fabric just as well as Kona.

I am linking to:
Making Monday
main Crush Monday

3 comments:

  1. That's a yummy name for that fabric! :) I like adding yellow as a 'pop' of color in my quilts. It looks really good with all your half square triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great quilt with all your shirt plaids. Is that a particular pattern, or you are just picking blocks you like to make it? I have a closet full of plaid shirts and a small tote full of more plaids. I think I have enough for about three quilts! This would be a good color to put with it. Thanks for saying what fabric it is.

    ReplyDelete