Monday, October 2, 2017

mini churndash

It seems once I start down a rabbit hole, I travel for a long while. From my 1 1/2 in strip bin, I have been cutting and making mini churndashes. I could use smaller pieces but have decided it isn't worth the time to square up strings and match crumb pieces. I have enough fabric I can "waste" a bit using the bigger strips that I already have ( thanks to the scrap user system )and trim down.



At first, I was cutting the sizes I need and sewing them little. It was fun, but my fingers are not as nimble as they used to be. The bars in the churn dash are 1 x 1/2 inches.

Then, I decided to cut all the bars as a strip set at about 6 1/2 inches long, sew the print and background together, and then cut down to 1 inch and, then subcut to 1 1/2 inches. I cut the 1 1/2 inch half square triangles with the easy angle ruler.















I web the block together


join the rows
and cute happens


They will finish at 3 inches.

I am linking to:
Making Monday
main Crush Monday


4 comments:

  1. Simply darling. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy tiny churn dashes! Those are small, and you are an amazing woman for making them. I think small things are so cute, but I'm not good at making them. I love your churn dashes.

    ReplyDelete