Monday, October 30, 2017

calling it done for October

I feel like I have been working on these blocks forever, but it's only been a month. I started with 2 blocks finished and now I have 56. I will set them 7 x 8. I have all of the 125 string pieced sashings pieced, trimmed, and de papered. I have 50 of 72 cornerstones paper pieced. I really made a great start on this quilt. I'd like to think I will keep going, but if not I have it on the list for 2018. So I have met my goal for One monthly Goal OCtober.

Carrie Nation...
gentlemans fancy....
I was worried the blue was not dark enough to show.


but altogether, they are soft but sweet, maybe even "smokey". this is called smokehouse





domino net






I am linking to:
Making Monday  link in sidebar
main Crush Monday   link in sidebar

show and tell monday

design wall monday   link in sidebar



boms away   link in sidebar

7 comments:

  1. WOW! You got a lot of work done on this! Those blocks are quite involved, even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great shirting fabrics. They look great with the yellow. Love your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie,
    Congrats on finishing your OMG for October! I know what you mean about feeling like you are working on something for MUCH longer than a month. I think all the blocks are so cute, and I really look forward to seeing them in a layout and then quilted. I'll be patient - I'll be around in 2018 (I hope). ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are filled with detail! How pretty! Loving that cheerful yellow! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the yellow tying all your blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've really enjoyed watching your cheddar blocks come together. I really like that color with all the plaids you've used. Congrats on making so much progress this month.

    ReplyDelete