Thursday, October 5, 2017

Cathy franks

Our guild had Cathy Franks as a guest speaker. She shared many tips and technique ideas with us. Her quilts were stunning and she was funny. She is definitely a more modern art quilter than I am, using paints and embellishments in her designs.






I am part of the quilting crowd that sees quilts as bed coverings, probably because I don't have display space. I am not an artist and am not trying to realize a vision in my quilt. I just want to piece and smile and maybe comfort someone else with a cozy quilty hug. So I am overwhelmed with "art " quilts.
I still think I am an artist with fabric and a sewing machine and so are so many talented quilters that will never win ribbons and fame.  sigh....

But she was funny....

I am linking (links in the sidebar) to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap

1 comment:

  1. Those are some gorgeous quilts. I'm with you, as much as I enjoy seeing art quilts, I prefer to piece the more traditional.

    ReplyDelete