Saturday, March 6, 2021

top of the green

 I found a big bag of green scraps that I wanted to sort and decide. It was a nearly full 2 gallon ziplock bag. I spent 2 evenings folding and cutting. green is the  color for March for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy.


By the time I emptied the bag, I had a tray full of new additions to my scrap user's system. These weighed 2 pounds = 6 yards of fabric= at least 60.00




Now to see if the new pieces will fit in my drawers. 5 inch size is a new addition this year to the cutting process. I haven't found the way I want to store them yet. I really haven't used 5 inch very much.

I also worked in my 1 1/2 inch strip bin. I needed green waffle stamp pieces cut for the month and any short pieces I found, I sewed with a neutral piece to use later. no plan, I just knew I didn't want them in the bag any longer.


I had a few additional green cut, so I made quite a few this month. It looks like most of the previous cut ones are blue.






This time I needed to make more strips of 5- 1 1/2 inch squares. I didn't have any left from the last time I made them. Hopefully these will last through next month's color of the month.

12 comments:

  1. It is fun to see random scraps start to get some sort of order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these blocks you are making, they are full of motion with all the squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your waffle blocks look great. Lots of fun greens in there. It's fun to see them become a block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to pull all those scraps out of the bag and sort through them! I really like the waffle blocks - I may need to play with those, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of green cut and added to your scrap user’s system!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had fun cutting and sorting all those green scraps. The waffle blocks looks great for a colorful abd happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you organize your scraps. Those waffles sure are yummy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love going through a bag of scraps?? Even better that you actually sort and use them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great assortment of greens in your scrap pile! The waffle blocks are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you got so much done! What a great scrap buster block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing how much one saves by using scraps. Means we can buy more with our savings! Hahaha! Pretty, colorful blocks!

    ReplyDelete