Friday, March 26, 2021

crossed top

I have a top  for crossed strings. It was such an adventure building the blocks, putting the blocks together, and discovering a top. I think at this point, I will call it done and make a back and binding. I was hoping to have a nice day to take photos, but, no.


inside

outside




It was windy and no sunshine. I think the quilt has more color in real life, but, I like the weave. I still have a whole basket of strings.

I'm linking to:

TGIFF different     here  and here


14 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Beautiful! Love all those colors.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect for all the scraps. I love the crossed effect. It is a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great use of scraps! A lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of (some of) your strings! I love the weave effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across the instructions for that design a couple of days ago. Your post now inspires me to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. “I still have a whole basket of strings.” LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your new quilt top, Maggie! I may have to give this pattern a try sometime. Goodness knows that I have enough scrappy strings!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to have to give this one a try. I really like how your top turned out. Amazing!

    Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt! And how can we still have strings left?
    I think it must be magic! Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great use of scraps. Even without sun, it is a beautiful top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very interesting use of strings. The weave effect is really cool. Congrats on the finish of a very fun quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how yours turned out. I'm ready to make another one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool concept! I like how this turned out.

    ReplyDelete