Friday, March 12, 2021

courthouse top

I think I have a top for the  wonky courthouse quilt. I went from blocks to top pretty quickly. It is 56 x 72 - is that big enough? This is also the third wonky courthouse I have made, and, none of them have been quilted. But, I have more than enough strings and crumbs to sew many more. I started when I saw that Bonnie Hunter was making one.



I really like making these blocks. There is quick progress, and, it is very soothing to match pieces by the size that is needed. I grab a handful of  crumbs and strings from the basket and try to do as much with them as I can until they are gone. I have my eye on another string quilt pattern......

I'm linking to:

TGIFF different     here  and here

7 comments:

  1. I like it! and yep that sounds like a perfect couch/lap quilt size!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never ceases to amaze me what lovely quilts come out of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on stitching up another Crazy Courthouse Steps quilt top, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strings and crumbs, what could be better? This is exactly my favorite kind of quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this and another quilt on my list for strings. I've made lots of Wonky Log Cabins but not a Wonky Courthouse Steps which I guess is really a log cabin too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sure a fun way to use up those scrappy strings. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete