Monday, March 22, 2021

a new old project

Shhh I am not really working on this project. It is not on the list for the month.. or the year.. 

It was part of the huge reorganization of ufo projects. I felt sorry for it. I knew it would not get picked as the top ten projects for many years to come. It would just sit there, looking sad every time, that it was not chosen. And, all I would have to do is sew a few 2 1/2 inch strips together, that are already cut.

This is a quilt called almost amish from Jos country junction here. Sewing the strips together was quick and easy, so enough and done.


Well, not exactly. It wouldn't hurt to just subcut a few sets called for in the pattern.

done? um.. I could just iron...

I am linking:

needle and thread Thursdays 

rainbow scrap challenge


6 comments:

  1. Hehe :) Sometimes we just need a break from our lists, and non-priority UFOs are absolutely perfect for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bossy projects are sometimes a delight to indulge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The link for Jo's Junction doesn't work. I check the right side for the list of her quilts Almost Amish isn't listed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah so this is how Almost Amish got a hold of you! Looks like a lovely quilt that deserves to get finished. Kudos to you for taking up this long ago UFO. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you've just got to give some of those "down the list" projects a break and let them see light of day. Either they surprise you and turn into a priority project or they get pushed back into hiding by something else. Can't hurt to give them a chance to shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maggie,
    I know just how this happens as it happens to me. The project makes me get it out again. I like the pattern (link worked for me) to Jo's Junction. We will look forward to seeing this quilt progress to a finished quilt! Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Judy

    ReplyDelete