Tuesday, March 30, 2021

to do: count

I cut this Bonnie hunter quilt out in 2017 after her book came out -addicted to scraps. There were a lot of pieces to cut. I have used Carolina chain as a back up project when I go to a sewing event. In case, my main project gets too tedious or finished before I want to go home, I pull these mindless pieces out and sew on them.  I kept kits in baggies, and, the baggies are, finally, starting to empty. It is time to count and re cut missing or mismatched blocks. These are the dark centers, I still have many light centers to go.







I think I have 136 and I need 154. One benefit of having so many UFOs is the fun of revisiting fabrics from another time. All of the pieces came from the 2 inch scraps in 2017.

6 comments:

  1. great variety of color and fabrics. Well done, 136... You are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a good project to pull out whenever you just need some piecing to do! I like the Carolina Chain design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for forward progress. I too always have a back up project when I sew away from the studio. Hope you can kit some more up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun scrappy blocks. Enjoy the counting of blocks. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having trouble commenting, not sure what's up, so hope this one makes it. I need to keep a L/E project going for in between projects, but then I always make it my main focus. LOL Thanks for linking up with To-Do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you got me AGAIN! I purchased brown to do the Almost AMISH. LOVE how pretty your colors are. I miss you MUCH. Sure glad for your blog...blessing. Love you, friend, Lucy Dufendach

    ReplyDelete