Wednesday, March 10, 2021

new label maker

I have a strange new addiction. My old label maker was acting funny, and, I couldn't read the labels on the project boxes during a search.  I happened to find this label maker at goodwill, and, had no idea if it would work or not. I took the chance and ordered the cartridges.  I really, really like it, and, all I want to do is re sort all my project boxes and add the new labels. 

First, I was happy. Then, I was depressed - I have way to many. Then, I was content to just keep after it.  Now, I am happy to see all my projects again. This time, I am grouping the boxes by alphabet.... more or less. I apparently like to start quilts that start with 's'. There are more 's' words than any other. Instead of quilting, you may find me looking at my nicely labeled ufo boxes. I still have more to go.


In the evening, I have been therapeutically sewing the 16 patches for quilted twins free pattern called swingin checkerboard. 

24 finished

more here


I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. Heee!! I just spent the past week super-organizing all my UFOs and putting labels on them all, and on the front edges of the shelves they are packed into in my storage room. I completely get everything you shared! Your labels are soooo much prettier, though. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love keeping my projects organized too. What a lovely label maker! That should make it easier to keep everything identified. Love the fabrics you're using in your checkerboard blocks! Thanks for sharing on my Wednesday Wait Loss linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my labeler also. But, I sure don't have as many project boxes! But I may have as many UFOs. It's nice to have UFOS organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Labelling is so satisfying. Hopefully you will be able to find what you need more easily now

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Goodwill find! I bought my husband a label maker one year for Christmas when were were dating. He was addicted to labeling everything as well. It really paid off because now he can find things.

    Funny you have so many projects that start with "s" words. That always makes me think of an older Saturday Night Live skit when they were playing Jeopardy... The guy kept saying "swords". LOL. Inside joke, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look on the upside, you have plenty to select from when you need to choose a new project. Overwhelming, absolutely yes. Make the honest list, then just work on the ones that appeal the most to you right now. Funny thing is, you will start to finish and scratoff projects before you know it. Then the projects reduce and you realize you can do it. Fast forward a few years, about five and you will look back and say, I did it. My honest list in 2015 had 78 projects on it. Have to pill it out but most of the projects are done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't let myself buy a label maker, because I KNOW I will go crazy labeling EVERYTHING! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you started and faced up the reality. I started on my project boxes with the thought to reorganize and then decided it was just too depressing and put them all away again!

    ReplyDelete