Saturday, March 20, 2021

blocks of green

 I used most of my green 2 1/2 inch squares to make 16 patch blocks for the Debby Brown color blocks quilt along for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I think I have 3 left. It makes me nervous, and, so, I have to resist the urge to randomly cut more, so, I will have "enough"

I found this free quilt along with Debby Brown  from Alycia at quilty girl. I had started making postage stamps last year for the rsc. and once the gate was opened, I enjoy making 16 patches as well.





Here are the pink squares

here are the yellow squares

I am still working on my green ufo for March Christmas sparkle   a free pattern found here

I thought I would have a top yesterday, but, my quilting buddies think I need to add a row. what do you think? it is 71 inches square now. I admit I like a rectangle quilt, too, but, a Christmas quilt is more likely used as a lap quilt right? Although, I use a Christmas quilt on my bed for a couple of months each year. 


My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:

tiny houses

postage stamp psp20/21

ice cream

waffle stamp blocks

 color blocks quilt along

green ufos

Christmas sparkle

epp stars

squedge table runner

yellow ufos

yellow boxy star and here and here and here

florabunda

pink ufos

love pillowcases

2 pink flannel baby quilts and here


I am linking to:


9 comments:

  1. I usually like rectangular quilts too, but your 3 by 3 setting looks great. Why not try something different? Especially if it is the difference between being done and not being done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for postage stamps!
    Do what YOU think is right for the Christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas blocks look beautiful, I'm going to check out the link. You make your quilt however you want to make it. We're a tall family so I would add another row so there would be plenty of length for the 6'6" guy. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 9 blocks or 12 really is a matter of personal preference, Maggie. Either way will make a gorgeous quilt! For me, I almost prefer square quilts so that I don't have to be as concerned about which side it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your green 16 patch blocks are fresh and appealing! I never mind a square quilt, and 71 inches is a good size. If you're ready to be done, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the 16 patches in green. I like the 9 blocks together and that 71 size sounds like a great lap size quilt to snuggle under.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Christmas blocks, I have just save that link. Thanks! Beautiful greens also for the 16 patch blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm working on scrappy green patches for an Irish chain and am loving seeing yours and all the green projects. What a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Christmas Sparkle is plenty big for a lap quilt. Not knowing the size of your bed I would still think it's big enough to lay beautifully over the top.

    ReplyDelete