Friday, March 19, 2021

crossed strings

Making the longer pieces for crossed strings, although challenging to find long enough pieces, is straightforward. sewing and cutting the side pieces takes a bit longer. I was aiming for 48 blocks. Once again, string piecing makes a mess. I grab a handful, and see if I can pull pieces to use out of the pile. 


After the piece is made and white was added, I still needed to cut it in half.


Of course, the best part is seeing all the block variations with all the different leftover bits and pieces from other projects.



sew much fun -free instructions for crossed strings here

I'm linking to:

TGIFF different     here  and here






5 comments:

  1. This looks super fun and like my kind of improv in that it's improvisational with the constraints of a predetermined block design. Keep going! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost ready to make another one and use a pile of quilt backing trimmings. Or I may make a low volume one with some darker solid/TOT in place of the white. OR...you are right...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to use up scraps with terrific results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and colorful - and a great use for those strings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These blocks fascinate me. What a great way to use those tiny strings. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete