Saturday, June 17, 2017

string saturday and yellow

yellow is my official favorite color, followed close behind is just about every other color. My pineapple blossom blocks are finished in yellow. I tried another flippy corner ruler, but still love the corner pop from Studio 180 the best. I love the rainbow scrap challenge.




For String Saturday, I am working on a ribbon border for this string quilt. I would rather just do the string piecing for string Saturday, but I think I better include the other parts of a string quilt, or the stringing will just turn into more UFOs ( not that that is a bad thing)
I am using 4 inch blocks and 2 1/2 inch corners so that I can make the bonus triangles as well. I am using Bonnie Hunter's Bonus buddy. I use it alot and just love how easy that has made this little part quilting. It came with her essential triangle tool which is missing at the moment.


I have a few done and more to go


I have all the rows together for the Cindy Carter jelly roll mystery. The back ground is a light gray.


and the borders are made and ready to attach.


Orange crush is on the longarm. woohoo  on schedule for One monthly Goal


I am linking to
 SewCan She
rsc17 super saturday

9 comments:

  1. Can you shed some light onto what pattern (or where) you are using for your pineapple blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to be on track to accomplish monthly goals. Congratulations. Nice yellow work with those pineapple blossoms. Your string borders create such a lovely wave pattern. Interesting jelly roll mystery with all that yellow and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how bright your jelly roll mystery is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used my Essential Triangle tool, but haven't tried the Bonus Buddy. Thanks for the recommendation (and for sharing your progress in YELLOW!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must remember that your favorite color is yellow so that when I finally decide to pass on some of my yellow (my least favorite colors) I can pass them on to you! I have so many yellows because in the store they look creamy (which is one of my favorite colors) and then when I get them home they turn yellow. I'm good with creamy yellows and ones that go to the red side but not with the lemony yellows. One of these days I'll sort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have several fun projects going on! I love the jelly roll mystery - such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yellow is such a bright, cheery color. Your pineapple blossom blocks look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pineapple blocks are looking great! Love the spider web in the quilting - Adds such a fun touch to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the block for this month's RSC. This was a block I was not familiar with. I enjoy your site.

    ReplyDelete