Thursday, June 8, 2017

3 more seams

just three more seams... I am "crushing it" hahaha



Our guild quilt show is this weekend. We are having Marianne Fons for a trunk show and a workshop. I have signed up for both, and I am very excited. I have found an old applique quilt that I want to have appraised or at least see if they know what it is. I thought it was a Marie Webster but alas I was wrong. I took it to the museum in Marion, and they said no, but that it is definitely from the 20s and probably a kit. If you look very closely it has little blue dots that show where to quilt.


I found this one on ebay .Mine has green binding.

While we were there, we toured the museum. The display quilts were part of the Linda Konig collection, an Indiana quilter from Lafayette.  I didn't touch, I just held my hand to show size and perspective. She likes tiny pieces. These are contemporary but have an old feel to them.
















I am linking to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap
I may have a scrap problem 

2 comments:

  1. Those museum quilts are lovely! I really like some of those older traditional blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts, but oh so tiny pieces!

    ReplyDelete