Monday, June 26, 2017

orange crush - one monthly goal

Orange crush is finished. yahoo!!!




I had 2 quilts I wanted to finish for June, Maxine,


and Orange Crush a Bonnie Hunter design. this is a free pattern under the free pattern tab. It was the mystery quilt for 2008
One monthly goal has really helped me to finish quilts this year., which makes me more confident starting new ones that I might finish them.
My small quilting group is planning to start Jen Kingwell's Bring me flowers.



I have done 2 of her patterns- gypsy wife and happy birds, and they were very difficult. I think, instead of joining them on their quilt, I will do Glitter instead with them. I ordered the templates.



I think it looks easier, but I haven't tried it yet. I may be surprised.

I found this at the estate sale and thought it looked fun, but I have no idea how or what I will do with it.

My very first quilt was a sunbonnet Sue and overall sam for my first born son in 1978. I didn't know what I was doing, but I got it finished. It was more for decoration, since I thought a strong wind might take it apart. haha.

I am linking to:
Making Monday
Moving it Forward Monday 
main Crush Monday


9 comments:

  1. love the scrappiness of it and it is so bright and cheerful! love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange Crush is gorgeous!! I love, love the red border. It really brings out the oranges and red in the quilt. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the orange crush! such a great use of colors...beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made one block of my Glitter quilt, just to try it out. Not too bad! There is a FB page for Jen Kingwell quilt makers. If you join up, you can ask for help from the members with any problems you hit. It is quite a large group, and full of amazing quilts posted every day.
    Orange crush looks amazing. Another one for the long list of quilts to make "one day".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilts. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange Crush turned out beautifully! Congrats on meeting all your goals this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful 'orange crush' quilt, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Orange Crush, can't wait for mine to come up on next years UFO list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orange Crush is a great finish!

    ReplyDelete