Friday, June 23, 2017

templates


Does our templates look like this? ack..

Many of these templates are still in their original packaging. Why am I not using them?
I bought a new template at the quilt show
I still haven't used it. I have my favorite templates, and that is all I think about when it is time to cut.

While talking with my daughter, I added the side pieces to the bargain basement blocks. And now I have a puzzle. the cutting directions called for 3 x 9 1/2 inch rectangles to complete the block. The actual directions say to add the 3 1/2 x 9 1/2 inch rectangle to the block. I cut 3 inch hmmmm. It's measuring time!


I uncovered a baggie of twosies of red and white 4 patches. The bag had 100 written  on it. I didn't recount, but I did sew them together. I was going to do it leader/ender style, but they were so cute and addictive, I just kept sewing and sewing... tee hee they are so cute. I don't remember why they were left undone, or what they were meant to be. They are made from 1 1/2 inch strips and are 2 1/2.


another clean up job, is the leftover tumblers. from this quilt -what to do... I thought I could make an orphan block with them or, maybe, a border.  In the back of my mind, I felt that my piecing skills were not the best on the tumbler quilt, so I want to prove myself, too. But, like chips and salsa,  it never comes out even. I have to cut more light tumblers, so I am not really "getting rid" of the tumblers. sigh...
I used 2 1/2 inch tumblers and I tried a zig zag setting. This setting is much easier to be accurate. And it used a ton of little scraps.

I can see floor in my "studio" again, and bits and pieces of projects have been gathered together, and a few decisions have been made. But, tomorrow I will come clean about my string piecing mess. Does that happen to you? When you clean something, does something else fall apart?


I am linking to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap
I may have a scrap problem 

I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop


5 comments:

  1. I have rulers and templates in 2 places. Kevin the Quilter is hosting a mystery quilt, and, I knew I had at least one of the rulers needed (it is a 2 set). While looking, not only did I find the ruler I needed (not the half set that I still haven't found) but, it was both rulers, still in the packaging. I also found some other rulers and templates that I had forgotten about (forgotten many times). Oh well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so ironic - I was at Joann's today and noticed they had a big display of templates and rulers. I had to tell myself NO, you do not need any. Step away from the rulers. Go look at fabric. HAHA - like I 'need' that! I am always interested to see your tumblers - I have some lurking around here too. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't buy templates or rulers for exactly that reason; I have my favorites that I constantly used. Love the 4 patches and the tumblers. And yes, me getting one corner clean means one (or two) corner gets messy. hehehe. Story of my life. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you've been having a lot of fun sewing little bits. They are all so darling. Can't wait to see what you do with them. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been on a finishing spree too! I found a few UFOs and have been determined to get them done! Finishing feels so good! Thank you for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete