Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Orange Crush lost and found

Such travail at my house. As I laid out my Orange crush ( one monthly goal ), I realized I had lost 10 blocks all the same. I have no idea at what point they disappeared. Or did I ever really make them. I have no idea where to even start looking. I used a constant in the block and I don't have any of the fabric left. My best guess is that they have been scooped up in a clean up box of scraps.  I assume they are pinned together as I pin in groups of 10.
I was devastated.
So I decided to choose a new project, and then I couldn't find that one. geesh
Just by accident, I found some of the leftover 1/2 square triangles to Orange  Crush. With a little engineering, I was able to make the 10 blocks I was missing ! Hooray! So onward and Upward....


I pulled this quilt out of the time out to work on when I thought I was Orange crush less.
It's called Strip twist a Bonnie Hunter free pattern.

I just need borders

I am going to put it away until Orange Crush is finished.
I am so relieved and so grateful. I thought I was going nuts.

I am linking to:
Fiber Tuesday - I  am featured today:)
Free Motion by the River

too cute tuesday

5 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    I'm glad you aren't orange crush less, and you know now that you recreated those 10 squares the other ones will turn up for sure. You are not nuts! ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I'm sure you were devastated to lose 10 whole blocks! I would be as well! It looks like it worked out! I'm sure they'll pop up when you least expect them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how frustrating! They'll turn up when you least expect them too (isn't that always the way?!). But yay for being able to work around that and finish the Orange Crush top!! Thanks for linking up with To-Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! What a week you have had. I'm smiling over here for you in that you found some HST to get that Orange Crush back on the design wall! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to salvage your Orange Crush project. You've gotten a lot done on your UFO projects. That has to feel good after all that initial frustration.

    ReplyDelete