Monday, June 12, 2017

the center is finished


After a million pins, the center top is together. .. every 3 1/2 inches.....


Orange crush is a free pattern on the quiltville website. It was the mystery quilt in 2008. So I started it a while ago....



I love looking at all the fun scraps that I have included in it. This brown print is probably the oldest dated fabric.


I have some Christmas in there

Sewing notions....

Winnie the Pooh
and spongebob square pants.  haha

I am ready to tackle the borders. I have been trying to clean the cutting table and clearing the debris from the last quilts I have made. I have spent  tv time in the evening to cut up the scraps.

I am linking to:
Making Monday
Moving it Forward Monday 
main Crush Monday




13 comments:

  1. Great job in getting the quilt top together-my least favorite job with all the pins involved. But so rewarding to see the whole top as one piece. It looks so cheerful! Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! I love the little bits of conversation prints in Orange Crush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun scraps in your quilt!
    I made an Orange Crush years ago and it is one of my favourite quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started following Quiltville around the time Orange Crush was a mystery. I didn't have the scraps to make it at the time, I think I was bit intimidated :). I did pick Orca Bay as my first Bonnie Mystery quilt. Your OC looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a bright, beautiful, happy quilt. Someone will love it when it is finished! I enjoy looking at close-ups of blocks that show the fabrics: it's fun to see some that are familiar from my own fabric collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a scrappy album of well-remembered fabrics! Congratulations on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful finish! I love how the lines of this work, very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so great. I've wanted to make the orange crush quilt for a long time. It's as lovely as I imagined it would be. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the scrappy goodness. And the orange ties everything together with a great pop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love quilts with fun surprises like these--great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I love all the different "themes" you've been able to incorporate!

    ReplyDelete