Wednesday, June 14, 2017

adding borders to orange crush

I am adding borders to orange crush. And a not so funny story, ok it is a funny story. Time to laugh about it anyway.  When I started putting orange crush together, I lost 10 of the squares. I searched and searched and decided to make another 10 and move forward..... I assembled the top and needed to make 96 units for the border. There is some special genius math skills to get them the right size. And hooray! borders are coming together at the right size!




I have also been cleaning up my studio and parts unknown that I tore apart to look for those vacationing blocks. I discovered an interesting group of blocks that looked just like the 96 border pieces I just made for orange crush. sigh... So some blocks were missing, and I made them again, and some blocks I didn't lose, but didn't remember I had, that I made again. I have just about made this quilt twice. By the way. the borders are not telling where the other blocks are hiding.

I have made pieces for my sweet pea blocks from the Marianne Fons workshop.

They are bigger than the Bonnie Hunter Mai tai blocks. They go together very well. I like making  them very much and could easily turn this into a big quilt.



I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

WIPs with friends

boms away

5 comments:

  1. It must be the same gremlin, I have lurking in my sewing room. Have been looking for the past two weeks for a piece of yellow fabric. It is bright and not a small piece either and it is missing in action. When I do not need it or are looking for it any longer, it will magically appear again. Strange how that always happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just hate that? I've started using project bags and boxes as a way to foil that nasty trickster, but that isn't foolproof either. Still lose pieces, but it is better than it was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Orange Crush is coming together so well! It's such a good feeling when the border size works out correctly! Thanks for sharing this on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! what a great border idea!!

    thanks so much for linking up!
    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so frustrating. It happens to all of us and not just while piecing quilts!

    ReplyDelete