Monday, June 5, 2017

going bananas for a quilt finish

This is seriously the best cake and banana something I have ever tasted. I just loved it. I highly recommend checking this recipe and trying it. I did a lot of cooking while my Grandson was here. He eats like a teenager. I think his parents will have a hard time keeping him fed. I remember when his Dad left home we dropped from 7 gallons of milk a week to 2 gallons. good times....



I have a finish. This is a quilt kit I purchased in 2013.  I thought Maxine was actually cute.Maybe I identified with her quirky sense of humor. I finished it fairly quickly, but it has been in the "to be quilted" pile. I just used a free motion swirl. When I do free motion, I worry that I am not keeping it overall consistent. But, it seems to be, when I finally spread it out, just fine.

















I am linking to:
Making Monday
Moving it Forward Monday 
main Crush Monday








7 comments:

  1. What a great finish! I love those blocks. It's going to be a funny conversation quilt whenever you have it out. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute layout idea for a panel. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie,
    I love Maxine. These are some of her best quips. I cannot believe you've had this finished since 2013 and in the quilting pile. Don't you just feel so accomplished?! I wonder what else is in that pile?? I think your quilting looks great. ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those Maxine cartoons as I can identify with them. Really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny panel! I bet you are really happy to have it finished! Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Maxine too - she just says what's on her mind and it's always something I can identify with! :) What a fun quilt! And thanks for the link to the recipe. That is definitely going on my "gotta make this" list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Congrats on the finish. Where are you going to use her?

    ReplyDelete