Saturday, August 18, 2018

orange you glad it's not banana

The plan for this month's birch trees was to do two light and two dark orange, but I didn't have another light orange. I am thinking it might be time to start assembling this quilt. I wanted 42 blocks - 6x7, and I might have that many now. A count is in order. And then a plan.


I worked on birch trees at Friday quilt group. Have you noticed how much faster a project goes when in the company of other quilters?




Since Linda and I are also working on our wedding ring quilts. Sue brought her Mother's double wedding ring quilt to share with us. It was spectacular. We are thinking the fabrics look more like the 40s and 50s. Sue remembers that her Mother didn't want to make the center white in case it would yellow, so she chose pink.

It's hand pieced and hand quilted. What a treasure.


I am linking to


Oh Scrap

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, that double wedding ring is a treasure indeed!! Just WOW!! I love your birch tree blocks. I’ve made Amanda Jean’s pattern before, for my grandson, and it goes together so nicely. Yours is looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink. Beautiful inspiration for your wedding ring quilts! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on your ORANGE Birch Trees for the RSC and thanks for sharing that lovely Double Wedding Ring quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm anxious to see all your Birch blocks together! It'll be so interesting! What a beautiful wedding ring quilt...inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful birch tree blocks in orange! What a treasure that wedding ring quilt is. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your birch tree blocks are some of my favorites! I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together. I might have to try that block myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have a plan yet for all your birch blocks? That's going to be a very fun quilt. That wedding ring quilt is beautiful. I like the idea of a pale background, it definitely sets off that purple really nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have often thought about making a birch tree quilt. Your different background colors look great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your birch trees look so nice. I’ve been thinking of making some. What size are the blocks and the width of the trees? A great RSC18 project!

    ReplyDelete