Monday, August 6, 2018

binding ready

In conjunction with Jo's string challenge here, I am doing mine as a quiltville mystery quilt challenge. All I did this week for Roll roll cotton boll is prepare the back and the binding. I like to attach my binding on the long arm while I am quilting it. So, when a place opens up on the long arm, I will get it quilted.

I am so impressed with Jo's finish today, and I would love to make it, but, I don't have any scraps from batiks, only yardage. And I don't think I can just cut up yardage for string piecing. could you?

I have started cutting the applique for stella cyranna. The instructions are vague, so I am having problems figuring out what colors are what. I don't see that I have enough gold for all the pieces that look like I need it, so I may have to dye something similar. sigh...






2 comments:

  1. Good for you getting Roll Roll Cotton Boll done!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd have a hard time cutting into yardage for a string quilt also. Thanks for sharing your progress with Moving it Forward.

    ReplyDelete